10B Series: Emergency Shut-off Valve
The Treloar-OPW 10B series emergency shut-off valve is designed to be mounted in the fuel dispensing lines of pressure systems at the island level. In the event the dispenser is dislocated or overturned, the Treloar-OPW 10B series is designed to break at the shear groove. This releases the hold open linkage and allows the main poppet to close, stopping the flow of product from the underground tank.
The Treloar-OPW 10-BFP has an additional feature: in the event that the valve shears the secondary poppet closes and limits spillage from the dispenser side of the valve.
• The sealing surface in the top assembly assures a new sealing surface if a top is replaced, improving performance and extending service life.
• The 10B series valves can be shut off by releasing the hub link during pump repair or removal - this means less down time, the poppet is easy to manually reset.
• When the 10B valve is open, the poppet is out of the flow area giving straight through free flow. There is low pressure drop.
• The 10B series has a built in air test port. This allows pneumatic testing of the entire pumping system without breaking the line after installation is complete.
• Fusible link releases in the event of fire, allowing the valve to automatically close, thus reducing the fire hazard.
• Listed by Underwriters Laboratory Inc. for gasoline blends up to 100% methanol.
• Black Duragard® coating provides extra corrosion protection and easy identification.
Body & Top: Cast Iron (black Duragard® coating)
Disc: M-19 Viton
Carrier: Plated Steel
Stem: Copper-Nickel-Chrome Plate Brass
Poppet Spring: Stainless Steel
Seal: M-19 O-ring
Packing Nut: Brass Teflon coated I.D.
Inlet/Outlet: Thread size 1 ½” BSP standard
Max Operating Pressure: 50 psi (345 kPa)
10BM-40-BSP Emergency shut-off valve (male top/combination body)
10RMT-40-BSP Male replacement top for 10R valve
10BFP-40-NPT Double poppetted E/shut-off valve (female top/combination body)
10RNTP-40-BSP Double poppetted replacement top for 10RMP
10BF-40-NPT Emergency shut-off valve - NPT (female top/combination body)
10RFT-40 Female NPT top for 10B valve
10RK-40 Link Kit
011407-000 Safety Hub Assembly
The service application of the Treloar-OPW 10B Series Emergency Shut-Off valve requires annual maintenance.
At least once a year, manually open and close the valve several times to prevent gum deposits, build-up and/or other conditions that may affect the operation of the valve.
To complete this procedure, Treloar-OPW recommends shutting down the dispenser, disconnect the brass hold open link from the safety hub or fusible link, manually open and close the poppet by moving the fusible link or arm and reconnect the brass hold-open link before opening or starting the dispenser.
These requirements are stated in the installation instructions on all 10B Series Emergency Shut-off valves. Treloar-OPW recommends keeping a copy at the station for a reference manual.